Monday, December 02, 2013

o2: Blog Challenge: 20 Facts About Yourself


  1. English is my second language. I speak and write it well. In elementary school I had to go through the ESL program up until 2nd grade, when they realized I spoke it better than most native-speakers. :D
  2. I started reading at the age of 4. I read in only Spanish until I was 6 and learned how to read in English.
  3. I love tattoos and piercings. With that said, I have 5 tattoos, all on my back, and 4 areas pierced: my ears (4 in right, 3 in left), my nose, my tongue, and one highly inappropriate area that is not to be mentioned within mixed company. :) My tattoos consist of Tinker Bell (for me), a butterfly (for my ex-husband), and three bouquets of the flowers my daughters were named after (Lily, Iris, Rose.) I plan to expand on my tattoos and piercings when fund as available.
  4. I can understand French and Portuguese when being spoken to me, though I can't speak them myself.  I can also read in Portuguese along with Spanish and English.
  5. I was born with curly dark blond hair that darkened when I hit puberty at the age of 8. My curls gave me the appearance of Shirley Temple.
  6. I never planned on having any children. As a child I hated children, yet I still ended up with four.
  7. I know a ridiculous amount of theological information on various religions. It is a hobby of mine.
  8. I love to write. I'm bad at it, but I do it anyway because it makes me happy.
  9. I am a visual learner. If I see it often enough, I will memorize the process and do it myself. That's how I learned to knit, cut hair, and do acrylic nails.
  10. I used to be a serious pothead. Most of my memories of my entire freshman year of high school and half of my sophomore year is a blur and very hazy.
  11. I dropped acid once in high school. I had such a bad trip I never did any drugs harder than marijuana ever again.
  12. I lost my virginity to the man I married. We were together for eleven years. Now that I'm single again, I have no idea what I'm doing.
  13. My mental illness scares me. I hear, see, feel, smell, and taste things that aren't there. The hallucinations can sometimes be so vivid, I can't tell the difference between fantasy and reality. I have had this issue since I was 7 years-old, though I was diagnosed only a year ago.
  14. I love archery and know how to shoot with a bow.
  15. I'm a devout Pagan. My main practice is close to Wicca, though I incorporate Buddhist, Celtic, Tao, Hellenistic, Hindu, and Santeria beliefs.
  16. I love arts & crafts, though I don't do them often enough. I know how to sew, cross-stitch, crochet, knit, scrapbook, draw, and make things out of random objects most people throw away. I made a functioning Ouija board out of an old box, laminate paper, stencils, paint, bits of plastic, and a wooden dowel. Since I don't do them frequently, all of my crafts are mediocre at best. :-/
  17. I'm musically inclined. Not only can I read sheet music, but I sing exceptionally well, and can play a little of piano. I was told I have a great ear (I can easily figure out how to play a song just by listening to it) and know how to rock a mean tambourine.
  18. I procrastinate so much, I end up being lazy. If it's not going to kill me, what's the point of doing it now? That is, until I've put something off so long I'm in a panic trying to get it done because by then it has started to cause problems.
  19. I love keeping in touch with people. I'm still in contact with people from almost twenty years ago, and now with social media, it's become even easier.
  20. I used to homeschool my children like a boss. Unfortunately, due to a nervous breakdown, they now go to public school and I have no idea what to do with all my free time. I still have them do bookwork on the weekends.
Obviously, these are just a few facts about me. I'm more complicated than this, those sometimes I like to believe I'm not. Doing this list was actually difficult because I forget what a serious weirdo I am on occasion.

No comments: