Sunday, December 01, 2013

o1: Blog Challenge: Introduction and Recent Photo

october 2013



HI EVERYONE! For those of you who don't know me, my name is Yvonne, though most everyone calls me Vonnie, and my family calls me something else entirely. :D I'm 27, Hispanic (Puerto Rican), a mom of four, and a Pagan.

I grew up military, so I moved around a lot, but I've lived in Texas for most of my childhood and call it home. Along with Texas, I've lived in Puerto Rico, Washington, Oklahoma, Hawaii, Nebraska, and Iowa. I've moved out of Texas and have come back twice.

Family means a lot to me, and I'm close to my mom, and super close to my sister. I have two brothers, one whom I don't know well due to us having different mothers and growing up apart, and the other who has been more of a dad to me when I had none. I have four children, three girls and a boy, and they are my world. While I only have custody of them on the weekends, I try and be with them as much as I can. I work very hard to be a good mom even though it can be very hard on me sometimes. Their dad and I divorced after eleven years together; we were high school sweethearts.

I can be very weird sometimes, to the point of hilarity. I love my friends who accept me for who I am, and who laugh at me for the crazy things I do. I wouldn't change it for the world.

I suffer from schizoaffective disorder. Technically, it is a combination of schizophrenia and bipolar mood disorder. Symptoms very from person to person, but for me, I have delusions and hallucinations that can make life very difficult and somewhat scary. It is triggered from moments of high stress and the symptoms can be so sever I can't differentiate reality from fantasy.

No matter what happens in my life I try and stay positive as best as I can. I'm a little messed up, and broken in places, but I accept me for me, and I'm okay with that. Sure, I try and be a better me every day, but I'm happy to work hard for me.

No comments: