Monday, January 02, 2012

2012 & Things Needed if We Get Our Own Place

These past two days have been busy ones. We spent the entire day yesterday spending time with my dad-in-law and my stepmom-in-law. The girls had a great time, and they offered to babysit them any time we needed it. I don't know when I'll take them up on that offer, but it's very much noted in the back of my mind. If J gets a job any time soon, and I have weekly appointments for the next month until Dorian arrives, I know the girls will need someone who can give them an entire day of attention on those days when J's and my obligations overlap. And then, of course, the day I have Dorian, someone needs to be with them overnight. (Deena stayed with Lily when I had Iris; Meg stayed with Lily and Iris when I had Rose.)

****
Today was spent running errands. I had packages of products that needed to be mailed, and my sister's prescription to be filled. I was going to head to the bank and make a money order to send to our old DPT for duplicate titles on our vehicles, but the bank was busy. Somehow, I was also riding on an empty gas tank for a while. Tomorrow, more errands. I have an appointment with my OBGYN in the afternoon and the rest of my products are coming in that day. I have a transaction to make with a customer, and doctor and dentist appointments to make for the children.

****
I don't make New Year Resolutions. One thing I do like to do is set goals every few months and reflect on their progress. I'd like to start being more spiritual, so while I won't be practicing on a weekly basis or anything, I do want to hold a ritual every month on the full moon. Being a mom (and currently a very full moon :D ), this means a lot to me. I want to pay my respects to my mother goddess. I'd also like to get back to celebrating the Sabats as often as possible instead of whenever it's convenient. It's going to take some scheduling on my part, but if I focus on doing these in the evening, I think I can make it work.

****
As much as I appreciate what my family has done for me in giving me a place to stay and taking care of us in this time of need. I really hope we can have our own place soon. My mom is trying get HUD to give me an earlier appointment, but I'm fine waiting until the 9th. It occurred to me, though, that if they do have something available for us, we got rid of a lot of things so we could move and have very little left.

We have all of our furniture, so we have places to sit and sleep, etc. We kept our bathroom things, and if my monster-in-law didn't throw it out, we'll be covered for that. However, we have almost nothing for the kitchen (we have most of the appliances). I've compiled a list for things we will need if and when we get our own place.

  • pots & pans
  • cooking utensils
  • oven mitts
  • plates
  • cups
  • mugs
  • silverware
  • dish soap
  • dish sponge
  • all-purpose cleaner
  • cleaning rags
  • (microwave) **only if apt is not equipped with one
  • paper towels
  • trash can
  • trash bags
  • toilet paper
  • toilet brush
  • toilet cleaner
  • dresser (to replace mine, that broke)
  • cubby-style toy organizer with drawers (to replace the large plastic tubs that take up too much room)
So far, this is all the stuff I know we will need. Some I can acquire easily, and for cheap, at the dollar stores. Others, I'm quite sure we can find second-hand somewhere.

I'm really hoping that HUD has something available for us within the next couple of months. Like I said, I appreciate all that my family has done, but we really need our own place. We are slowly getting back to where we were, but it's still difficult when you have to be careful of how it will affect the others you live with, which is frustrating if the dynamics clash.

Here's hoping for a prosperous new year. *fingers crossed*

No comments: