Saturday, January 01, 2011

Goals for 2011

I hope to wish everyone a very happy and prosperous new year.
Below are my goals for this new year. This list is incomplete; I wish to add to it when I have more time.
  • lose 20lbs by June (short term)
  • lose 40lbs by December (long term)
  • I currently weigh 140-145lbs, so I think the span of time of losing it all to get down to a reasonable BMI is, well, reasonable. I am only 5ft tall and being this big and unhealthy is causing me a lot of health issues and pain.
  • grow out hair
  • I have not had my hair go past my shoulders since I was 16 years old. I chopped it off into a cute layered bob then and never went back. The longest it's been was to my shoulders, with the shortest being a shaved head. I would like it to be as long and as curly as it was when I was 13 and 14 years old.
  • continue spiritual journey
  • I post-poned my year and a day training due to the holidays and will pick it back up when I've resettled in my home.
  • pass all classes
  • I've been struggling, but I know I can do this. I WANT my college degree.
  • talk to family more, specifically Dad and David (brother)
  • I talk to my dad once in a blue moon, and my brother even less. David is broke, has no internet, no phone, and a wife and child to take care of. I understand his stresses and wish we would communicate more. For 13 years of my life I only knew of him, I don't want that to happen to my children. I want them to know their uncle. Maybe one day we could go to Puerto Rico and visit my side of the family.
  • clean the entirity of house
  • My gods, my house is a WRECK.
  • create sacred space in craft room
  • The craft room is even worse. I would like to have a place where I can worship without being interrupted. I would like to share this area with others as well. I hope to one day create my own spiritual group. Not really a church or coven, but a circle of like-minded friends who can worship together in a space specifically created for that purpose.
  • organize and purge
  • Have I mentioned my house is a wreck?
  • get truck fixed
  • It's been broken for 2 years. My neighbor has been helping out on this.
  • spend more time with children
  • I've been ignoring them lately. I love them to death by they raise my blood pressure and give me such a headache......regardless, I am their mother and need to be a better one.
  • do more crafts
  • do a craft fair
  • Mostly so I can make a little money on the side
  • get more tattoos
  • I have a tattoo dedicated to myself (tinker bell--yes, that is TWO words), one to my husband (butterfly), and another, lilies, to my oldest. I would like to add more; roses for Rose, irises for Iris, and a triquetra for my spirituality.
  • learn French
  • I would like to get past colors, numbers, days of the week, months, and seasons. I think my five-year-old knows more French than I do.
  • Reduce debt by at least 20%
  • I wish I could reduce debt by at least 100%. Seriously.

No comments: