Saturday, January 02, 2010

V is for Vacation

I am currently in a hotel in Del City, Oklahoma on my way back to Mo. Valley. For the last two weeks we've been in Killeen, TX visiting family. I had a good time. I'm tired and keep falling asleep in the car. We got here about 3 hours ahead of schedule at 4.30pm. We've been sitting here watching a Dirty Jobs marathon on the Discovery Channel.

I didn't do 95% of what I wanted to do back home, but I still had a great time. Saw a couple of friends, though not everyone I wanted to, and spent a lot of time with family. I really missed everyone and enjoyed the wonderful weather. ;) It has been negative degree weather in Nebraska/Iowa, while the weather in Texas, though raining a lot of times, was in the 50s/60s. We actually had to buy clothes while there because all I had brought were sweats. (it had been in the 30s the week BEFORE we arrived)

I did a bunch of stuff; saw Sherlock Holmes and New Moon, saw a handful of friends, Christmas, Lily's birthday, New Year's Eve...and having a vacation from both my husband and children on occasion. My family thought it was weird we were sleeping in different houses. I love him to death, but we can only stand each other in small doses. ;)

I just realized this is the first entry for the new year. We should be back at our house tomorrow. I am so ready for my own damn bed. I only have one goal this year and it's to lose 20 pounds by April. I am 20 lbs overweight, which I haven't been in since I was 14. I weigh right now what I weighed when I was IN LABOR with Lily.

Hope everyone has a very happy new year.

No comments: