Tuesday, February 06, 2007

So at 5 o'clock this morning Lily wakes up for no apparent reason. I fed her, cuddled, rocked her, everything. I was up until some time after 7 when she finally fell back to sleep. I had maybe 5 hours of sleep. I really don't know how the hell my husband slept through all of it. At around 10, when I'm finally snoozing, J comes in to let me know that he made an appointment with our realtor to have a walk through at 11. I was crabby and cranky, and downright irritable, but I wanted to see what they had. So I decided to go. However, I didn't actually wake up and get out of bed until some time after 10:30, and I was running around like a chicken with it's head cut off trying to look decent. So at about 10 minutes 'til, I'm going out with Lily, putting her in the car seat, when I notice the back seat is down. (It can be pulled down to open the trunk.)

me: "Why is the back seat down?"
J: "Because we just got robbed."
me: "Are you fucking kidding me?"

And sure enough, as I'm shutting the back door and getting into the passenger side, there's all our shit sprawled on the passenger seat and a large gaping hole where my stereo was. I know I locked the doors last night when we came home from grocery shopping. And either way, we have power locks and only the driver door was open. Some bastard fuck picked our lock and took my goddamn stereo. Luckily that was the only thing of value in the whole thing. You'd think the bastard would have some compassion considering this is a family car. There's a big fucking car seat in the back, and a fucking stroller in the trunk. I hope their ass gets frostbite or shot. Our brand new NOW 23 CD was in there, but that doesn't bother me. They tried to get the speakers, too, but apparently they were in a hurry. The didn't even touch the glove compartment.

Somewhere after eleven, we look at some apartments nearby. They are nice and have a lot more space than here. J and I already turned in our applications and he already made the deposit. We move in the 26th. It's getting a complete face lift, so we're going to be having brand new everything in there. Yay. :)

After that we had to renew the registration on my car. We drive to every possible DMV before J decides to just drop us off at home. As I'm opening the door, the whole entire panel decides to detach itself from the door and now I can't open the bastard. I was able to shake it loose when we were headed home, but when I was trying to get out, I had to go through the driver's side as the bastard fell apart all together. So now I have one fucked up door and a gaping hole in my POS car. Somewhere in between all of this my husband and I kept pissing each other off. I've had little sleep and I'm grumpy as hell. Lily, at least, has been well behaved today.

Justin was able to pay off my debt, which I'm grateful for. But he's been a cranky ass today, too. I'm blaming the bastard fuck who stole my goddamn radio.

No comments: