Friday, November 01, 2013

I Came In Like a Wrecking Ball

( NOTE: if you are reading this in LiveJournal and wish to see the photos I posted, the original post is at http://vonnieness.blogspot.com/ )

OCT 30: So, my date went well. I had a great time with Mike. He took me out to dinner and a movie. We got lost at one point, couldn't see due to rain "Turn off the windshield wipers; the don't work, they're just making it worse!", hit a concrete island, and talked... a lot. :) AND I didn't act like a tramp! Good job, me! We saw the newest rendition of Carrie, which I enjoyed, and I laughed a bunched. It will seriously be a night I won't forget any time soon and I'm glad I had fun even though I was running on only about 3 hours of sleep. Thankfully, though, I got home, passed out around midnight, and slept like a champ. I didn't take any pictures other than this one that I took for my sister to look at my make up:

"Oh, Wanda! You sure is pretty in them
tight clothes, all painted up like trash!


OCT 31: I spent most of the day sleeping, not because I was exhausted, but because I had many plans that were going to go into the wee hours of the morning. I had already participated in a Samhain ritual on Sunday, so I did nothing, spiritually speaking, this day. When I went to J's, the kids had Sonic for dinner and then we headed over to his mom's house where Joe and Lauren are house-sitting while Deb and Steve are away visiting Steve's family, did some face-painting, played video games, and handed out candy. Iris was giving out free hugs to random children as well. We stayed there for about an hour or two and then headed back to J's and put the kids to bed. They had fun. :) Pictures below:

Lily arranged her own black cat costume.
She had socks on her hands as paws at one point

Iris as Hello Kitty

She kept looking above my head for some reason.
There was nothing there.

Rose was a grape, hence the leaves on her face.
She was dressed in purple from head to toe.

Dorian: Toddler Wolf



"This is my costume.
I'm a homicidal maniac -
they look just like everyone else."

Lauren looking for pans; cooking

Joey the hot dog,
though he would confuse kids and say he was:
a taco, lasagna, a hamburger

Iris took this picture.
I was a witch.

mah socks and sexay shoes

Playing Lego Marvel



Joey as Capt. America

Lily as...catdog?
Afterward I headed over to Dragon's Lair for the NaNoWriMo kick-off party. I was much later than I expected, mostly because I passed the damn place three times before finally figuring out where the shit it was. I missed the guest speaker, but I did get free stickers, free food, and made new friends. :) Not to mention I got two hours of typing in as soon as midnight hit. Plus, the bag of apples I had brought were gone...so yay! Also, thank you to the people who brought soup and veggies to this shindig. The not-sugar was highly appreciated. More pitchars!:
Getting ready to type

so many WriMos...
we had originally all been squished in a tiny room


One of two "buffet" tables







FREE STUFF

Discussing plot lines

My work station
 
My table of peers.
I can't remember any of their real names.

This is Jason.
He's my new buddy. :)

NOV 1: I'm now home, it's 4 in the morning, and I'm hyped up on sugar and caffeine. I have my knitting group at 1030am, that I am considering bailing on. Though I also considered showing up, taking a nap on the couch, and just covering myself with yarn and pretending I'm my knitting project. I have the kids tonight for the weekend, so I know I will nap eventually or driving is going to suck.

Here's to my busy November. I hope I don't contract the plague.

No comments: