Sunday, March 14, 2010

Learnings.

So, this month I applied to college. :)
This week is Spring Break so I won't actually be starting my classes until Tuesday the 23rd.
I am super excited.
I'm doing an online accelerated program for a BA in History. I also get a grant provided from the university because I have military benefits. Here are bullet points on why I love this idea:

it is ALL online.
I can do it in my free time (after the girls are in bed for the night) and not worry about transportation.
I only take ONE class at a time.
Each course is only 5 weeks long.
I can still get my degree in 4 years.
tuition has been discounted from $354/credit hr to $254/credit hr.
I got my $55 applicatione fee waived.
I also had my $900 technical fees waived.
MY BOOKS ARE FREE!

I start of with the following two classes:

EXP 105 Personal Dimensions of Education

This course is designed to help adult learners beginning their university studies to achieve academic success. Students will explore learning theories, communication strategies, and personal management skills. Adult learners will develop strategies for achieving success in school and work. Students will also be introduced to the University's institutional outcomes and learning resources.

PSY 202 Adult Development & Life Assessment

This course presents adult development theory and links theoretical concepts of life and learning through a process of psychometric assessment and reflection. Both classical and contemporary adult development theories are examined. These theories then provide the paradigm for self-analysis and life learning, including a plan for personal, professional and academic learning.



Hooray for easy A's first thing. :D


No comments: